Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Deep or Deep Fried?

So, I was sitting here thinking. Why is it that I, who having done little in way of greater good, seem to have been blessed with this overbearing and inate ability to shine. It seems like I am a meteor shooting into people's lives (thanks for that one Clem.) They tend to get all wrapped up in my presence. Not to say that at times I have not thoroughly enjoyed this mysterious "power." I have to admit that I have even abused it at times. Now, I feel this drive to use it for greater good and it is odd to me. I don't want to fail. I want to help as many people as I can. Yes, part of me wants to find solice in knowing I have done SOMETHING good with my life. I have never really felt as happy in my life as when I know I have done something "selfless" for another. Mostly, these acts are done secretly. With that magnetic attention thing I get, I have always had to maintain an image of power. And for so many years, I saw those good acts as a sign of weakness in the eyes of others, who invariably were waiting in the wings to rip me to shreds. I just want to be a good man. And with my mortality having been thrown in my face with HIV, I realize maybe I haven't given many people a good reason to remember me as a good man. They say shoot for the stars and maybe you will reach the moon when you fall short. I figure I will try to become a great man and maybe I will end up as a good one in the end.

4 comments:

OLY said...

Hey thanks for dropping by my blog!

Keep reaching for that goal matey you will get there.

Anonymous said...

I think you are fried. But that's allright.
I am saddened that you talk about facing your mortality - when you think about it, all of us should be aware of our mortality each day and live our lives accordingly. But I understand that you feel that way. And I admire you for wanting to create a purpose in your life, for wanting to leave a constructive legacy. We should all strive for that kind of inspiration.

two star general said...

I love reading your writings, It makes each day seem like a car ride with you. You know my theory on comets though everyone loves to ride when your zooming past the stars, but everyone wants to jump off the second they realize that the fucker is heading for earth.

Scott said...

Did I ever get back to you? I feel crazy... You're off to a great start! Keep posting. Drop me and we'll catch up!