Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Brave New World

Day breaks on a new time. Suns rays searching the crevices of my life looking for the truth in the folds of flesh that make up my face. I turn towards the light. My mind in bloom. I do not yet see the future for its folly or the past for its wisdom. I choose to revel in today. A turncoat leaf springing to life...

I got me a job again for the first time in a while. Strange how the little green pieces of recycled denim feel in your hands. I am glad to be employed even though work requires a forty-five minute walk each way. Steps in the right direction I suppose. I walk past a brand new gym every work day. I think I may join.

I have met a beautiful and intriguing man. One who shares in membership of the Secret Society. His friends don't seem to approve of me though I could be beating myself up as per usual. I try to win their approval without sacrificing me in the process. Isn't that always the most uncomfortable struggle to endure? I hope things continue in the best of directions. He makes me so strangely happy. Sometimes I wonder if he sees that. Sometimes I wonder if I am able to do the same for him. Only time will tell they say. We shall see.

No comments: