Friday, December 15, 2006

Sophomoric (adj.)

The etymology means wise-fool. I think that I am going into my sophomore year of life. I always knew that a fool belied my genius. Absent-minded professor. I even used to draw the Fool tarot card at Madame Laveau's in N'awlins. Perpetually. And, now, in this, the dawning of my second trimester of life, I start to find those I look up to in life, looking up to me in the same manner just a different light. The true power of this to shape my paradigm comes from two facts. One is I had no idea I was "doing" anything but being the Louis I have spent years finding. It was actually easier that way than being lost. The second thing is thie Wise Man had nothing to gain at all from me in the granted of adulations. It felt fantastic to be able to go, "If only for one man, and entirely by accident, I made someone's life a little better." That rocks!

In response to:

"I have told you before - one of the things I so fucking admire about you is the ability to expose that which would be much easier to leave hidden. You are the kind of exhibitionist I like - who cares who shows off their body? It is those who are willing to expose their hearts and souls that are the truly unique and who others should be willing to emulate! I don't care what anyone says to me, I'll always defend your honor and integrity. Let them try,"

No comments: