Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

I spent another four day weekend with Ty-Ty. Thursday night, I arrived with Backyard Burger in belly and the impression that I had to get my baby to bed early because he had to work in the morning. Although my baby drives a desk for work, the stress and mental requirement makes it impossible to function without his regular amount of sleep. I was fine with this, so we sat down to a game of Mental Floss. A fun little trivia game he found at Barnes and Nobles the previous weekend. About halfway through the game, my baby surprises me with the news that he took Friday off to be with me. I was so excited I covered him in kisses.

His day had been stressful as hell, and his Yahoo account had mysteriously de-activated itself "as per his request." I wanted to make his weekend as stress free and happy as possible. So, Friday, we did little and slept a lot. I took an amazing nap with him at one point. That night we watched several movies. I had already watched Dirty Shame by John Waters. Together, we watched Cellular and Height. Both pretty good, but Height was really damned good. Then off to bed we went.

Saturday, my man surprised me and took me by his parents' house where I got to meet his 92 year old grandma. She was sweeter than chocolate with dark blue eyes just like Ty's. She told me she was going to call me Louie which was very ironic to me and strangely comforting cuz only Ty and my family call me that and she would have no way of knowing about that. I also met his father though I can't say I got to know him too well. The poor guy had had a tooth pulled and was a little out of it, but was still really nice. He kinda reminds me of my dad in his recliner quiet and watching TV. And not to be forgotten was the Angel. She, being a cute and extremely active if not entirely dexterous miniature poodle, decided that she liked my lap and scratching. She was fun to tussle with and watch her nearly pee herself with excitement as her Ty-Ty walked through the door.

So, as men on a mission, we went to Schlotski's and had some food. Then, we took what I thought was a very romantic "I wish" house tour of the more affluent and bayside Mt. Pleasant neighborhoods. Craftily, he managed to end the tour right at the place he gets his hair cut. I thought it was a cute lil trick. He got his hair cut and we talked about stuff with his stylist who has rocked out black and fuschia hair and is a pretty cool girl. She just broke up with her boyfriend. So, we gave her the standard gay "boys suck" consolation speech. HeHe!

Off we went to the library where we rented movies and I perused the newly arrived book shelves. I love libraries in general. They make me happy. Ty promised we would spend a few hours there one day which made me very happy. Hard to find a man who is willing to spend time in a library rather than a bar. But Ty is that man and I fucking love it.

That night we watched Xanadu. I had never seen it before. Much to my surprise and delight, it was an insane acid trip of a romantic musical. The hair was terrible and my baby knew every word. The best part of the whole movie was watching that nostalgic little boy sing all the words with hope and excitement rewinding all the craziness so we could laugh hysterically two or three times. I could just see him gayer than God dancing around like Olivia as a 13 year old boy. It was intimate and special and I will never forget it.

Sunday afternoon, sadly, I had to be brought home. It hurts these days to go home. Away from him. Away from all that happiness. It is a necessary evil though and every time I get to see him it just becomes more and more amazing....

He never bores me. He constantly surprises me and astounds me. He is pretty reserved and every time he shows me more I feel like I am watching this beautiful flower unfold for the morning sun. Petal by petal. With uncharacteristic patience, I watch. I can already smell the sharp, intoxicating fragrance. It is taking me away to places unseen. He has me rapt. Heart and soul. He told me today he was afraid I like him because he was safe and not because of who he is. And then to write about him. I already did.

December 29, 2005

Now I lay me down to sleep
I say to Ty my soul you keep
I cannot say if this is love
Though you fit me as a glove
I vie each day your voice to hear
Wishing just to hold you near
A fount of silly school boy prose
Inches from my Roman nose
Tonight I stepped out from the dark
My heart on journey doth embark
A perilous parting from my home
Swift in my mind do you roam
I watch your knights guarding keep
You know I watch you while you sleep?
Let this place be your port of call
Dock your ship in my harbor small.

I know it is cheesier than sharp cheddar but I am writing again. That is all that matters to me. And to the one who is inspiring me, I thank you. And remember, you have to let me be strong for you, too. That is how the deal works.

1 comment:

Ty said...

My ship has been docked in your harbor for awhile now, and it will not sail without you.