Monday, December 19, 2005

A Ty-me to Remember

So, for two weekends now (or rather Thursday through Sundays), I have been away from my residence. The first one was spent with Ty. Better known through his link. A Someone Special. I recommend that you check it out. Great writer. He had an interesting way of looking at our "relationship." And, so far, it holds true. We Yin to the other's Yang. He sees himself as kind of a dark cloud and I can see where he would think that way. I see myself more as a reluctant ray of light, but a blinding one nonetheless. As for our weekend, it was a delight. We, honestly, didn't do anything too exciting, but I was alright with that. The simple fact that I got to spend time with a man I find intriguing and nothing more than some kisses and blatant flirting was exchanged was exhilarating. He is the consummate host. Polite to a fault. We watched movies and lots of TV. This was made all the more enjoyable by hours of cuddling. He is so reserve, which is so unfamiliar to me. Yet, it is a personality trait I find myself drawn to maybe because of its inate mystery to me. He finds it odd, I think, that I can so easily strike up conversation with damned near any stranger or passer-by. He, in my opinion, has not stumbled upon that rock to stand upon. Everyone has that rock inside that can give you that strength and self-esteem or at least fake the fuck out of it. Not everyone will choose to use it. Not everyone should or even needs to do so. I must. That is the only place I find the ability to breathe above the pollution of everyday life. But it is simply another example of the Yin-Yang world in which we collide. He has problems feeling guilty about buying himself things, so I coerced him into getting a used xBox game we could play together. We are both nerds in that regard. I love it! We kicked bad guys' asses in tandem in X-Men: Legends. He was rather shocked, he tells me, at the ferocious competitiveness I harbor. I have been and always will be an Alpha male. It is in my genes. I hope it is not off putting. I just like to be the best and I also am fiercely protective of my territory. Family and friends foremost. Most of whom have expressed a certain degree of comfort that I have have their back no matter what. I did feel terrible at one point though. He bought me Christmas presents... It is gonna be a little while before I will be able to ANYONE presents. I won't say what was got but I love each and every one. He is so sweet to me. I always feel like shit when someone treats me well with monetary things when there is no way for me to return the gesture. In time. I suppose. In four days, after a lot of food, a little shopping, and much QT, I returned home happier to have been afforded the opportunity to share time with someone whom I kinda feel is rather comfortable with his routine. God knows. I am EVERYTHING but routine. So, I think everyone who a someone special should fall asleep with a smile on their faces tonight. Remember smile lines look better than frowning wrinkles when you get older....

No comments: