Friday, December 09, 2005

Who is Huckleberry Hound? Part II

So, where were we? Ah, yes. I had hitchhiked and returned home again. Shortly, there after I was sideswiped by the first major love of my life. This relationship was to last three short years. My whole family had invested in this relationship with me. Being the oldest, I was the first to bring home a love. My sister at this point had already been exposed to excessive amounts of homosexuality because I was dragging her to gay bars, restaurants, and functions since the age of 16. We grew very tight. My little brother finally explored his own homosexuality at least in the social sense around this time. So, we were all kinda growing up gay together, the three of us.

Another major event that my sister and I will forever share is catching my ex in bed with another man. I broke down as well as broke half the shit in our living room. All the while, my sister demanded my pillow back from the man in my bed and proceeded to bitchslap his nude ass off the bed when he got cocky about who I was. So, as a result my whole family had to endure the pain of being hurt by an outsider. This was the first time my sister had ever seen me in love and I think it was at that point she made it her personal responsibility to protect from my own stupidity when it came to boys/men.

I left again. Couldn't stay in the same town where my future life was planned, wrecked, and thrown in my face. My sister was placed in the talented and vicious hands of my best bitch Nicole. She was school in many of the finer feminine wiles under such great tutelage. For another six months, I was with strangers in a strange land. Virginia Beach. As far as my sister was concerned and in light of the disaster I had endured this was way too far. Accordingly, when given the chance to move to Charleston (not too close to my parents; not too far from the sister) I jumped on it and return to the Cacky Lack. *Carolina for outsiders. and that will be a good stopping point for today.

I just want to add that During those three years with Mr. Infidelity, my sister and I grew inseparable. At points, people, including my bf, were extraordinarily jealous. We used to having crying coffee every Saturday. A ritual where we we go get coffee bare our souls for the week, cry to each other, and return to living with the necessary masks of aloof strength and low self-esteem based pomposity. I became the one who Huck turned to when she needed advice or a place to sneak a boy to make out with in privacy. The person she called after giving head the first time. Provided the pot to boil shrooms in the only time she did hallucinogens. I protected her from the evils of the world while not sheltering her from reality. I gave her the emotional safe haven she so oft provides me these days. I hope in our good times my ex and I provided a healthy example of love in her world regardless of the sexes of the people involved.

2 comments:

two star general said...

Hmm. You ommited that you spit on your ex. It's ok. Yeah yoou are right I do seem to run to you for a safe haven and a place to feel sercure. I guess the one thing that I learned from you a your first loves relationship was that love can be beuatiful and that no man no matter how much you loved him was going to break up our duo! kisses

James Bailey said...

Its always a good idea to have someone you can rely on to bare your soul with, even if its over a cuppa coffee. It brings a lot of things into perspective, either because you yourself see thinks clearer by talking about them, or the other person provides an alternative insight.
I feel jealous over the relationship you have with your sister. My brother and I have never had that closeness. :-(